It is such an honor to coach a team such as ours that is determined to remain humble and prepare everyday for the challenges the lay ahead. Practices for the 7th grade ELJT have been spirited lately and the kids are starting to take complete ownership of their team. On the heels of our latest victory, we look forward to nothing but the same as we have already seen.
This week, we will practice Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00 - 8:00pm. The game this weekend is on Saturday at 2:15pm at Grand Ledge Marsh Field. Please be there no later than 1:15pm to get prepared for the game.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
What a proud moment for all of us coaches on Sunday. Our kids played near flawless football and showed the potential we have this season. I expect they won't all be that easy, as we can still get better, but we are very excited to see what this season holds for the 7th grade Junior Trojans.
There will not be any practice on Thursday, August 30th, so that the kids can go to the first varsity home game of the season. Practice will resume next Tuesday at 6pm. We will practice next week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:00-8:00pm.
Below is a link to the 2012 7th grade schedule. Let me know if there are any questions.
Please check out the Facebook page (East Lansing Junior Trojans Football) and the 7th grade twitter page @EL7thFootball for other updates.
Now that we have our first scrimmage behind us, it's time to focus on our first game. The schedule hasn't been released yet, but once it is, I will let you all know.
Last week's practice player of the week was Zach Hurst, who led us to a great showing while playing his first game ever at center. It's the hardest position on the field and he made it look easy.
Because this is a game week, we will only practice three days. We will hold practice Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6-8pm. Remember that if your kid can't make practice, it is required that I know about it.
This is the official start of the new season; our coaching staff and players are excited and prepared to have a successful season.
Myself and all of the coaching staff were very impressed with the talent that we are going to put on the field this year. Our kids worked their tails off all week to get ready for the rain and pads. Just a reminder that all kids are required to have 3 conditioning practices before they can practice with pads. At this time, I will be holding a conditioning practice on Sunday from 2-3pm for any kids that need to make up conditioning time. If your kid plays for another team, feel free to have them come to my session, and they will receive credit. There will also be coaches from the other ELJT teams holding conditioning sessions on Saturday at 11am and Sunday at 6pm. For those parents of kids that already have their pads, please make sure that everything fits comfortably for your kid.
Next week's practices will be from 6:00-8:00 Monday - Thursday. On Wednesday, we will host the Lansing Steelers for our first scrimmage of the year. It is very important that the kids show up on time to the scrimmage, so that we can get them warmed up and ready.
For those parents that were unable to attend the coaches meeting last night, I will hold another brief meeting following the scrimmage on Wednesday. However, if you have any questions before then, feel free to contact me (email@example.com or 517.993.7954).
Lastly, please check out our Facebook page (East Lansing Junior Trojans Football Program) and our team twitter feed (@EL7thFootball).
- OFFICIAL Football Practice starts this MONDAY 8/6!! Practice will be Monday - Tuesday from 6:00-8:00pm, Wednesday from 6:30-8:30pm, and Thursday from 5:00-7:00pm behind MacDonald Middle School. Please note that all players must have their paperwork submitted prior to going on the field. A COMPLETED MHSAA Physical Card is MANDATORY. No one is allowed on the field without one - league rules (and major liability issue). Players should wear shorts, t-shirts, cleats (or athletic shoes) and lots of WATER!
- Players without completed physicals will not be allowed on the field. If you are looking to get a physical completed Monday - it has been suggested that local RediCares offer walk-in sports physicals for $25. Might be worth checking out! Completed forms will be accepted on-site Monday.
- Each player will need to complete 6 hours of conditioning prior to practicing with pads (which begins Thursday 8/9). If your player is not able to attend each night this week, there will be make-up sessions offered this weekend. More information will be shared as the week progresses.
- Games will begin the week of August 25th. A schedule will be posted/distributed in the next week or so.
- 7th Grade Parent Representatives and coaches will be onsite Monday to help with any last minute registrations and/or questions.
- Be sure to "like" the ELJT on Facebook - It's a great way to keep up-to-date on what's happening with the program, and get all the latest information.
- The end of conditioning celebration/parent's meeting will take place this Thursday 8/9 immediately following practice at Patriarche Park. Fliers regarding this event will be given to the kids after practice Monday. If any parents are able to go to the park @6:45pm to help set up, please contact Carrie Creten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have regarding the upcoming season.- Coach Oney517.email@example.com
There are a few things to note before we start next Monday.
1. Make sure that all of the required forms are completed and the registration fee is paid. Your child will not be able to participate in any practices until ALL forms are completed. This is absolutely 100% non-negotiable and no exceptions will be made.
2. The seventh grade team will practice behind McDonald MS from 6pm-8pm for the first week.
3. Each player is required to attend six hours worth of conditioning practice before they are allowed to practice with pads.
4. On Thursday, August 9, there will be a team meeting/BBQ at Patriarche Park in East Lansing. The coaches will provide hot dogs for the kids to eat, and parents will be asked to provide additional items for the BBQ. Look for additional information regarding this in the next couple of days.
5. Make sure to submit your email to the e-Blast on the Contact Us portion of the ELJT website, so that you can stay up to date on all that is happening with ELJT.
Lastly, the 7th grade coaching staff is excited for another great football season. We have been lucky to have a great group of parents, coaches, and players over the last 3 years, and I expect nothing but the same for this year. As always, if there are any questions that you might have, please feel free to contact me.
The first day of practice is only two weeks away, and we have a few exciting things going on this week for ELJT players. The weather looks great for our last conditioning session of the summer. Again, we will be at the track on the south side of Spartan Stadium from 6:30-7:30pm on Tuesday evening. Wear tennis shoes and bring plenty of water. Also, the ELHS coaching staff will be hosting the last clinic of the summer (see below). Hope to see all of you there. ELJT *FREE* Football ClinicWednesday, July 25 from 6:00 - 7:30 pmELHS West Practice Field
All incoming East Lansing Junior Trojan football players (4th grade to 8th grade) for the coming season are invited and strongly encouraged to a attend a FREE football clinic on Wednesday, July 25th from 6:-00 to 7:30 p.m. on the practice football field just west of the East Lansing High School Building.
ELHS Head Football Coach Bill Feraco and his staff will instruct ELJT players on the basic fundamentals in fun-filled, fast-paced drills.
Bring a jug a water and plenty of energy as you prepare for the coming season! For more information about the ELJT Program, check out our website at: www.juniortrojans.org
See you Wednesday, July 25th! -Coach Oney
Because of the upcoming holiday, we will not be having the regularly scheduled strength and agility training this week. We will start again on July 10 at 6:30pm at the track next to Spartan Stadium. Remember that 6/30/12 is the last day to receive a discounted rate for the registration fee. After that date the fee goes up to $150.
There will be another agility and conditioning session for those interested tonight at the track next to Spartan Stadium from 6:30-7:30. Due to construction on campus, the only parking access to the track is from the Shaw Ln parking lot directly south of the stadium. The lot is free after 6:30pm, so you will be able to leave without paying if you leave after 6:30.
Remember that you don't have to be a Junior Trojan to participate in the training. Tell your neighbor, your brother, or anybody else that is interested. Be sure to bring plenty of water. See you there.